The Gillette EVTD-65EK Portable Diesel Generator (Air Cooled Diesel) is intended for permanent installation into emergency vehicle compartments. These sets are mounted on a “Drip Pan” flat base with pre-mounted vibration isolators and control panel wiring. The “EVTD” models come with a factory supplied electric fuel solenoid and mechanical pump. Optional electric fuel pump is available. All sets must use the vehicle 12 VDC battery for gen-set electric starting power. The gen-set is air-cooled so it must be mounted on a slide-out tray and brought into free cooling air before use.
Gillette EVTD-65EK Features:
- (2) KOHLER KD440 generator sets are air cooled electric start diesel engines having full panel receptacles used for portable, emergency electric power sources and can easily be transported from one location to another.
- (3) ELECTRIC START: A 12 VDC electric starter motor is mounted on the engine and is controlled by a starter switch. A built-in battery charger circuit is included and will automatically charge up the starting battery while engine is running. On most electric start engines, an emergency recoil-rope starter is included as a back-up manual starting method. All electric start generators have battery tray, battery cables, and battery hold down clamps. IMPORTANT: The 12 VDC starting battery is not furnished and must be supplied by the user.
- (4) New, improved 3-wire power system allows “automatic” balanced electric loads on all 120 volt receptacles eliminating vibration, chatter and premature failure due to unbalanced load problems.
- (5) New, improved “KLEEN-POWER” design allows GEN-PRO to be safely used on any electric loads. “KLEEN-POWER” holds sine wave harmonic distortion to just 6%, allowing these gen-sets to be safe to use without concern for plugged-in load destruction, when using frequency or voltage sensitive equipment.
- (6) Unit is mounted on a 20” x 27” flat base with no fuel tank. Generator power is wired to a terminal block.
Gillette EVTD-65EK Specifications:
- Model – Gillette EVTD-65EK Portable Generator
- Output – 1 Phase 60Hz 120/240 VAC
- Engine HP: 9
- Fuel Tank: 4 gallon
- max kW – 6.5 kW
- Prime kW – 6.0 kW
- Amps @ 120V – 42A
- Amps @ 240V – 20A
- Fuel Use gal / hr – 0.52
- Dimensions – 27″L x 20″W x 23″H
- Weight – 222 lbs