The NEW MorningStar ProStar PS-MPPT-25m Charge Controller is equipped with TrakStar Technology™ that provides maximum power point tracking (MPPT) battery charging for off-grid photovoltaic (PV) systems up to 1100 watts. Available with and without advanced built-in meter. This device is ideal for industrial and residential applications. A Wire Box accessory to reduce hazards associated with exposed wires and connections can be purchased separately.
MorningStar ProStar PS-MPPT-25M Features:
- High Reliability – conformally coated circuit board and corrosion resistant terminals.
- Maximizes Energy Harvest – using TrakStar MPPT Technology to determine and adjust to the true maximum power point as solar insolation changes throughout the day.
- High Efficiency – at low, medium, and high power levels.
- Data Logging – up to 256 days of detailed power and load data.
- Low Noise Design – meets US Federal Communications Commission Class B specifications
- Automatic PV Based Lighting Control – field adjustable,multi-event load control enables powerful options for PV lighting systems.
- MODBUS Communications – Solar Industry Standard MODBUS communications protocol allows for easy programming, control, remote data access and charge synchronization.
- High Strength – polycarbonate case and extruded aluminum heatsink.
- Self Diagnostics – continuous monitoring and reporting of any errors through its status LED’s, optional display or communication port.
- Meter – allows adjustments to charging, lighting, and load control settings without a computer
- Max. Battery Current 25 Amps
- Load Current Rating 25 Amps
- Max. PV Open Circuit Voltage (Voc) 120 Volts (without damage to unit)
- Nominal Battery Voltage 12V or 24V
- Nominal Max. Operating Power*
12 volt battery 350W @45C
24 volt battery 700W @60C
- Peak Efficiency 98%
- Battery Voltage Range 10-35V
- Voltage Accuracy <= 0.1% +/- 50mV
- Self-Consumption normal: 0.6W; maximum: 1W
- LED Indications (1) status, (3) Battery S.0.C.
- Transient Surge Protection solar, battery, load
- Load & Lighting Control
Low Voltage Disconnect, Low Voltage Reconnect Settings:
11.4V/12.6V or custom (x2 for 24 volt systems)
- Lighting Settings: Dusk-dawn or custom
MorningStar ProStar PS-MPPT-25M Specifications:
Standard: 20 x 17 x 7 cm / 7.9 x 6.7 x 2.8 in
w/ Wire Box: 20 x 28.5 x 9.2 cm / 7.9 x 11.2 x 3.6 in
Standard: 1.4 kg / 3.1 lbs
w/ Wire Box: 1.8 kg / 4.0 lbs
- Wire Size Range
Power terminals: 2.5 – 35 mm2 / 14 – 2 AWG**
- Battery/Temp. sense: 0.25 – 1.0 mm2 / 24 – 16 AWG
- Knockouts (wiring box option): M20, 1/2”, 1” (trade sizes)
- Enclosure: IP20, Type 1
- Electronic Protections
Automatic recovery without fuses
Solar Input: overload, short-circuit, high voltage warning, reverse polarity, high temperature, nighttime reverse current
Load Output: overload, short-circuit, high temperature,reverse polarity
Battery: reverse polarity (no battery removal)
- Battery Charging : 4-stage charging: Bulk, Absorption, Float, Equalize , 7 standard battery settings and customization , Temperature Compensation
- Coefficient: -5 mV / C /cell (25 C / 77 F ref.)
- Range: -30 C to +60 C / -22 F to +140 F
- Setpoints: Absorption, Float, Equalize Data & Communications
- Communication Port: MeterBus
- Protocols: Morningstar MeterBus, MODBUS
- Datalogging: 256 days, daily records
- PC Software: MSView
CE; RoHS; ETL Listed (UL1741, UL 62109); cETL (CSA-C22.2 No. 107.1)
TUV (IEC 62109-1); FCC Part-15 Class B compliant
- Manufactured in a certified ISO 9001 facility