Morningstar SSD-25RM PWM Solar Charge Controller (METER REMOTE INCLUDED)
Morningstar presents their SunSaver Duo controllers, which are advanced PWM two battery controllers meant for RV’s, caravans, boats, and cottages. These controllers can charge two separate and isolated batteries simultaneously, such as an engine battery and a “house” battery, based on user selectable priorities. The SunSaver Duo promises high reliability and improved battery charging well recognized within the solar products industry. This controller also works with an optional remote meter which can be mounted in or on a wall, and displays the status information about the solar power system. These charge controllers are equipped with the best protections against the environment and can be user customized via connection to a personal computer, and is compatible with an optional remote temperature sensor.
Morningstar SSD-25RM PWM Solar Charge Controller Features
- Two Battery Charging. The solar charging current is shared between two batteries based on user selectable priority. Once one battery is fully charged, the rest of the charge current flows to the other battery.
- Easy Installation. This controller is installed near the batteries using clearly labeled large wire terminals. The optional remote meter can be mounted in or on the wall using the included frame. (Meter wiring with RJ-11 connector included with purchase of meter.)
- High Reliability. Epoxy encapsulation protects against dust and high humidity. A conservative thermal design and efficient electronics allow for reliability at high temperatures.
- Extensive Electronic Protections. No damage caused by wiring mistakes during installation! No fuses to replace and the controller auto resets after any wiring mistakes.
- Low Cost. The two battery charging element eliminates the additional cost of two separate solar charging systems and the need for the batteries to be isolated.
- Useful Information. The optional remote meter and LEDs display system status data and any system errors. Icon customization and back lighting make the meter easy to read and understand.
Rated Solar Input: 25 Amps
Battery Voltage: 12 Volts
Min. Battery Voltage: 1 Volt
Max. Battery Voltage: 15 Volts
Max. Solar Voltage: 30 Volts
Controller: 6 to 10 milliamps
Meter: 6 to 15 milliamps
Dimensions: 6.7″ x 2.2″ x 1.6″
Weight: 0.57 LBS
Largest Wire: #6 AWG
Meter Wire: 33′
- Backlighting: Push button activated
- LEDs: Charging status, errors, battery level
- Displays: Battery #1 & #2 voltage, battery charge priority, min/max voltages, solar charging amps/amp-hours, temperature, errors
Certifications & Electronic Protections
- CE Compliant
- Manufactured in a certified ISO 9001 facility
- Solar Over Current
- High Temperature
- Reverse Current at Night
- Solar Short Circuit
- Reverse Polarity
Five year warranty period.