The Sterlco FT92-6-15X Double Inlet-Double Outlet Float & Thermostatic Trap 1.5″ NPT 15 PSI configuration is applicable to all types of steam heating systems and steam process equipment. These traps operate efficiently with pressures up to 15 lbs. for lower pressure applications and up to 125 PSI for higher pressure applications. Their purpose is to move air and water while preventing steam from entering the return piping.
These traps are manufactured in four sizes (3/4”, 1”, 1-1/4” & 1-1/2”) for handling capacities of 275 to 4,300 lbs. of condensate per hour. Four (4) possible connections allow a greater flexibility in piping. These traps can be piped in and out from either side, for a total of four piping combinations depending on your particular needs. All working parts are made of non-corrosive metals especially adapted for this service, and each trap is individually tested for reliable operation.
- Body: Class 30 Cast Iron
- Cap: Class 30 Cast Iron
- Disc: Stainless Steel & Brass
- Hinge: Brass
- Pin, Hinge: Stainless Steel
- Gasket: Non-asbestos Fiber
- Seat: SST, Brass Holder
- Valve: Stainless Steel
- Clip: Stainless Steel
- Lever & Float Assy: Stainless Steel
- Plug: 1/4” NPT Steel
- Simple, rugged construction. This Sterlco® trap consists of a body, cover and float valve assembly. Body and cover are cast iron; all working parts are made of non-corrosive metals especially adapted for this service.
- Sensitive thermostatic action. Charging the thermostatic disc under high vacuum assures sensitive and positive response to temperature and pressure over the entire operating range. Disc corrugations are shaped to reduce hinge action at the rim of the disc and evenly distribute disc motion.
- Instantaneous valve action. Design of the float valve assembly permits rapid and positive valve action. Location of the valve assures a deep water seal at all times.
- Continuous rapid flow of water. A lever operated discharge valve opens wide so that large volumes of water can flow continuously from the trap.
- Thorough testing. In addition to tests made of the completed trap, each thermostatic disc is tested before it is assembled into the trap.
- Minimum maintenance. All working parts may be inspected, removed or repaired without disturbing piping connections. Clean-out plug at bottom of trap body permits easy flushing of dirt.