The Wyckomar UV-3000 Ultra Violet Water Sterilizer 66 gpm 240vAC is a robust, high quality ultra-violet water sterilizer that offers very efficient treatment at a low cost per unit volume. Typically installed at the point of entry, it can treat municipal water as well as ground water from drilled or dug wells, or surface water from lakes, ponds or rivers (pre-filtration necessary). This sterilizer is perfectly sized to provide drinking water or purified process water for large houses and mansions, as well as for commercial and light industrial applications. The model UV-3000 sterilizer contains a low-pressure, high output UV lamp in a 316L stainless steel reaction chamber. It comes with an electronic ballast that features a lamp-out alarm if there is no power to the lamp. Combined with appropriate pre-filtration, this UV sterilizer is the centre piece of a complete water treatment system for the elimination of bacteria and viruses and reduction of taste and odour at the point of entry (see SYS3000/QS4E-1/2).
Additional features are available, such as a UV-monitoring system for fail-safe operation, a thermo-sensitive purge valve at the out port to prevent overheating under noflow conditions, and volt-free contacts or 4-20 mA output on the ballast for remote signaling. The UV-3000 kills most harmful microbiological contaminants,such as viruses, bacteria and protozoa with a powerful UV disinfection dose that will inactivate the pathogens at a kill rate of 99.99% (log 4) or more (Giardia, E. coli, Cryptosporidium, Vibrio cholerae, Legionella, Salmonella, Shigella, Streptococcus and many others).
- Part Number: P3000/QS4E-2
- Flow Rate: 105 – 250 LPM (27.8 – 66 GPM)
- Ports: 1.5″ NPT in/out
- Chamber Material: 304L Stainless Steel (316L SS optional)
- UV Dose: 16 mJ/cm2 (16,000 uWsec/cm2) @ 250 LPM / 66 GPM
- UV Dose: 30 mJ/cm2 (30,000 uWsec/cm2) @ 135 LPM / 35.7 GPM
- UV Dose: 40 mJ/cm2 (40,000 uWsec/cm2) @ 105 LPM / 27.8 GPM
- Power: 240 Volt AC / 50 – 60 Hz
- Ballast: Electronic Ballast w/ Lamp Out Alarm, Power LED (Part # 4-BE-800WL30-2)
- Number of Lamps: 1 at 110 Watts, 800 mA (Part # RL-100/1197T6) Low-Pressure UV
- UV Monitor: Optional (Part # 4-UV/MS-2 V3 )
- Min/Max. Operating Temperature: Tmin. = 3 °C (37 °F), Tmax. = 40 °C (104 °F)
- Max. Operating Pressure: 125 psi – 8.6 bar (tested to 500 psi)
- Plumbing: 1.5” MNPT In/Out Chamber
- Material: 316L Stainless Steel (PVC available)
- Shipping Size and Weight: 1 box 52x9x9 inches, 24 lbs / 11 kg
This UV sterilizer assumes certain water quality parameters to be met for proper operation. If the source water does not meet the following criteria, pretreatment has to be considered.
- Turbidity (Suspended Solids): Must be < 1 NTU at the time of disinfection. There must be a 5 micron or less sediment prefiltration system installed before the UV system.
- Total Hardness (Sum of Calcium and Magnesium): Must be < 10 gpg (grains per gallon)
- Iron: Must be < 0.3 ppm (parts per million)
- Manganese: Must be < 0.05 ppm
- This UV unit is available as complete system with appropriate pre-filtration (Part # SYS3000/QS4E-2) and can be customized for many applications into an All-in-One panel-mounted system (Part # SYSMD1006-1).