The Wyckomar UV-5000 Ultra Violet Water Sterilizer 87 gpm 120vAC is a robust, high quality ultra violet water sterilizer that provides very efficient treatment at a low cost per unit volume. Typically installed at the point of entry, it can treat municipal water as well as ground water from drilled or dug wells, and surface water from lakes, ponds or rivers (pre-filtration necessary). This sterilizer is perfectly sized to provide drinking water or purified process water for commercial and light industrial applications, including food and beverage processing, pharmaceutical manufacturing, or cooling towers. It is also a very popular system for the disinfection of pools and spa’s. The UV-5000 contains two low-pressure, high output UV lamps in a manifolded 316L stainless steel reaction chamber. It comes with two electronic ballasts that feature a lamp-out alarm if there is no power to the lamp.
Additional features for this sterilizer can be ordered, such as a UV-monitoring system for fail-safe operation, a thermo-sensitive purge valve at the out port to prevent overheating during no-flow conditions, and voltfree contacts or 4-20 mA output on the ballasts for remote signaling. The UV-5000 kills most harmful microbiological contaminants, such as viruses, bacteria and protozoa with a powerful UV disinfection dose that will inactivate the pathogens at a kill rate of 99.99% (log 4) or more (Giardia, E. coli, Cryptosporidium, Vibrio cholerae, Legionella, Salmonella, Shigella, Streptococcus and many others)
- Part Number: P5000/QS4E-1
- Flow Rate: 136 – 330 LPM (36 – 87.4 GPM)
- Ports: 2.0″ NPT in/out
- Chamber Material: 304L Stainless Steel (316L SS optional)
- UV Dose: 16 mJ/cm2 (16,000 uWsec/cm2) @ 330 LPM / 87.4 GPM
- UV Dose: 30 mJ/cm2 (30,000 uWsec/cm2) @ 180 LPM / 47.5 GPM
- UV Dose: 40 mJ/cm2 (40,000 uWsec/cm2) @ 136 LPM / 36 4GPM
- Power: 110 Volt AC / 50 – 60 Hz
- Ballast: Electronic Ballast w/ Lamp Out Alarm, Power LED, Running Days Countdown on LCD Display (Resettable) Model RH51-800-95L (Wyckomar Part # 4-BE-800-ECO)
- Number of Lamps: 2 at 110 Watts, 800 mA (Part # RL-110/1197T5) Low-Pressure UV
- UV Monitor: Optional (Part # 4-UV/MS50-1 V3)
- Min/Max. Operating Temperature: Tmin. = 3 °C (37 °F), Tmax. = 40 °C (104 °F)
- Max. Operating Pressure: 125 psi – 8.6 bar (tested to 500 psi)
- Plumbing: 2.0” MNPT In/Out Chamber
- Material: 316L Stainless Steel
- Shipping Size and Weight: 1 box 52x16x9 inches, 46 lbs / 21 kg
This UV sterilizer assumes certain water quality parameters to be met for proper operation. If the source water does not meet the following criteria, pretreatment has to be considered.
- Turbidity (Suspended Solids): Must be < 1 NTU at the time of disinfection. There must be a 5 micron or less sediment prefiltration system installed before the UV system.
- Total Hardness (Sum of Calcium and Magnesium): Must be < 10 gpg (grains per gallon)
- Iron: Must be < 0.3 ppm (parts per million)
- Manganese: Must be < 0.05 ppm
- This UV unit can be manifolded in parallel for higher flow rates (see Part # SYS5100F, SYS5100F3) and can be customized for many applications with pre-filtration into All-in-One rack-mounted systems.