The Hoffman Controls 706-31 Fan Speed Control Controller is designed to provide low cost manually adjustable proportional speed control for single phase shaded pole or permanent split capacitor open frame motors. The controller may be used for any nominal voltage between 120 and 277 volts.
The Hoffman Controls 706-31 and 706-32 Series multiple voltage variable speed Electronic Motor Speed Controllers are designed to provide adjustable fixed or proportional speed control of single phase, shaded pole or permanently split capacitor type motors. The Controller will accept any nominal line voltage from 120 volts to 277 volts. This multi voltage capability allows the Controller to be applied to all applicable motor types that fall within this voltage range. The input to the Controller is characterized as a microsecond pulse generated voltage, derived from an external source typically furnished by an Energy Management System. A microsecond pulse of appropriate amplitude and duration excites the triac as required within each half cycle of the sine wave for phase proportioning. Speed regulation is accomplished by pulsing the motor as required for speed control. The pulse generator output must be synchronized with the AC line on which the motor is connected. Radio Frequency Interference (RFI) is suppressed by internal line filtering. Energy Management Systems generating the input signal should be evaluated for compatibility/suitability of system RFI requirements. The electronic Controller/heat sink assembly is available in two sizes to accommodate 5 amp and 10 amp current ratings over the multi voltage range. There is no adjustable minimum speed limit on the 706-31 and 706-32 Series Controllers.
Hoffman Controls 706-31 Applications:
- The controller is designed for used with PSC or shaded pole motors that have been evaluated for speed control regulation. The 706-123S is designed for direct connected propeller (blade) or blower (squirrel cage) fan type applications, but may be applicable to other motor drive requirements typical of pumps, etc.
- Applications should not exceed the FLA current rating for any given motor speed setting.
- The variable speed Controller is applicable for speed adjustment of motor RPM within a limited range of operating temperatures that assure adequate ventilation of the motor for the intended ambient at the reduced RPM speed.
- The Controller heat sink is designed to operate over ambient temperatures of –30°F to +160°F.
- The component housing (enclosure) serves as a strain relief for the line and low voltage wiring leads.
- 706-31 – 5 Amp
- 706-32 – 10 Amp
- Line Voltage, Nominal – 120/208/240/277V AC
- Signal Input:
- Pulse, Min./Max. – 10/20V DC
- Pulse Duration, Min./Max. – 10/20 Microseconds
- Pulse, Rise/Fall, Max. – 2 Microseconds
- Input Impedance – 80 Ohms
- Controller Isolation – 1500V AC
- Operating Temp. (Ambient) –30°F to +160°F
- Operating Environment – Moisture Free
- Dimensions (L x W x H):
- Model 706-31 – 4.23” x 2.40” x 1.25”
- Model 706-32 – 5.80” x 4.18” x 2.50”
Hoffman Controls 706-31 Features & Benefits:
- Applicable for shaded pole or permanently split
- Two current ratings.
- Multi voltage application with each Controller.
- Heavy duty applications from –30°F up to +160°F
- RFI line filtering.
- U.L. recognized
There are no reviews yet.