Morningstar RTS Remote Temperature Sensor
The Remote Temperature Sensor from Morningstar provides improved battery charging in solar systems that experience temperature variations during the year. The RTS measures temperature of the battery and the controller uses this data for very accurate temperature compensation. Use of the RTS is recommended whenever the temperature of the battery is more than 9°F different than the temperature of the controller.
The TriStar has no on-board temperature compensation; therefore the RTS is required for temperature compensated charging. Other Morningstar controllers will default to an on-board temperature sensor if a RTS is not connected.
The RTS is compatible with the following Morningstar controllers:
- ProStar (soldering required)
- SunSaver Duo
- SunSaver MPPT
- TriStar MPPT
For maximum protection from harsh environments, the sensor is encapsulated in epoxy inside a power lug housing. The RTS is also protected from lightning surges and short circuits.
Morningstar RTS Remote Temperature Sensor Standard Features
- Highly accurate: +/- 2.7°F
- Cable length: 33 feet
- User may easily extend cable length up to 100 feet using standard cable
- Corrects for temperatures from -22°F to 176°F
- Wires are non-polarized
Morningstar RTS Remote Temperature Sensor Specifications
- Cable rated UL CMR
- UL recognized component when used with TriStar
- Sensor noise is filtered
- CE certified for use with all compatible Morningstar controllers
- 2-conductor copper cable with PVC jacket, #22 AWG
- Power lug housing: 9.5 (3/8″) screw hole
Five Year Warranty Period