Morningstar TS-60 PWM Solar Charge Controller
The TriStar PWM Controllers from Morningstar are three-function, programmable controllers that provide reliable solar battery charging, diversion regulation, and load control. These controllers operate in one of these modes at a time; two or more controllers may be used to provide multiple functions.
The TriStar series uses advanced technology and automated production to provide substantial new features at a competitive cost. The optional TriStar meter is the most sophisticated and informative controller meter on the market.
Morningstar TS-60 PWM Solar Charge Controller Features
- Fully Adjustable. DIP switch provides user with a choice of 7 different digital presets and custom settings via RS-232.
- More Power. Ratings to 60A at 48VDC will handle solar arrays up to 4kW.
- Communications Capability. RS-232 connects to a personal computer for customized settings, data logging, and remote monitoring and control.
- Simple Mechanical Interface. Larger power terminals and conduit knockouts. Extra space for wire turns. Fits on power panels.
- Easy to Reset. Pushbutton provides manual reset and stop/start battery equalization or load disconnect.
- Better Battery Charging. Connecting battery sense wires and optional remote temperature sensor will improve control accuracy. Constant voltage series PWM algorithm increases battery capacity and life.
- Low Telecom Noise. DIP switch setting will change PWM to “On-Off” battery charging.
- More Information. 3 LEDs to indicate status, faults, and alarms. Optional meter displays extensive system and controller information, automatic self-test, and reset capabilities. Meter connection via RJ-11 phone jack.
- High Reliability. Large heat sink and conservative design enables operating at full ratings to 140° F.
Rated solar, load, or diversion current: 60 Amps
System Voltage: 12, 24, 48 Volts
Minimum voltage to operate: 9 Volts
Maximum solar voltage (VOC): 125 Volts
Controller < 20mA
Dimensions: 10.3″ x 5.0″ x 2.8″
Weight: 3.5 LBS
Largest Wire: 2 AWG
Conduit knockouts: Eccentric 1.0 / 1.25 in.
Enclosure: Type 1, indoor rated
Operating ambient temperature: -40 F to 140 F
Storage Temperature: -67 F to 185 F
Humidity: 100% non-condensing
Tropicalization: Conformal coating on both sides of all printed circuit boards
Prevents reverse current from battery at night
Reverse polarity protection (any combination)
Lightning and transient surge protection using 4500W transient voltage suppressors
High temperature protection via automatic current reduction or complete shutdown
MET Labs (EN 60335-1, EN 60335-2 29)
ETL Listed (UL 1741)
cETL (CSA-C22.2 No. 107.1-95)
TUV (IEC 62109-1)
Manufactured in a certified ISO 9001 facility
Complies with U.S. National Electric Code
Options (Each Sold Separately)
TriStar Meter-2 (TS-M-2)
TriStar Remote Meter (TS-RM-2)
Remote Temperature Sensor (RTS)
Ethernet MeterBus Converter (EMC-1)
PC MeterBus Adapter (MSC)
Relay Driver (RD-1)