The RONK 50 HP 4PS-OF ECONO PHASE Power Converter Type PS-OF Shifter is a high efficiency power converter for use in pump jack application where Design D high slip pump jack motors are used. Electric pumping start up costs on smaller wells can be reduced significantly using this unit. Single phase oil well motors are limited in size and availability, as well as being more expensive initially and in operation. This unit makes it possible to utilize standard three phase motors, which are available in ratings that single phase motors are not.
Because of the run capacitor design in the ECONO PHASE converter, they will generally operate most motors at full load as needed and provide 3/4 load on a continuous basis. Special capacitors are used to handle the high peak voltages that can occur when the motor runs over speed in the down stroke and acts as a generator.
Before installing the ECONO-PHASE SHIFTER power converter, verify that the single phase supply voltage matches the converter rating; 240(480) Volts, 60 Hz. Consult the converter nameplate for input voltage and amperage requirements. The single phase supply should be connected to the unit through a disconnecting means (a circuit breaker or fused disconnect switch), utilizing a time-delay type breaker or fuses. The ampere rating of the disconnecting means shall not be less than 115% of the single-phase ampere rating of the ECONO-PHASE SHIFTER. A three pole across-the-line starter with appropriately sized overloads is highly recommended for proper motor operation and protection. All wiring should be done by a qualified electrician in accordance with all applicable electrical codes.
RONK 50 HP 4PS-OF Specifications:
- Horse Power: 50
- Converter Type: 4PS-OF
- Enclosure: 605
- 1Ø FLA: 93
- Starting Current: Approximately 300% of single phase input FLA
- Single Phase Input Voltage: 480 V
- Three Phase Output Voltage: 480 V
- For single motor – Cost-effective, highly efficient phase converter for use in applications where a single motor operates with light to medium loading.
- Reduces cost – Energy cost can be improved when handling load surges typical with Design D high-slip pump jack motors.
- Options – This unit comes in two models, 2PS-OF for 240V and 4PS-OF for 480V.
- Pump jacks for oil wells
- Drill presses
- Small air compressors
- Electric hoists
- Air compressors – small sized
There are no reviews yet.