Sterlco FT-69-3-15X Float & Thermostatic Steam Trap .75 Inch NPT Stainless Trim.
Sterlco® Float and Thermostatic (F&T) steam traps are preferred for efficient, economical vacuum and pressure service. F&T traps are highly recommended for applications where large volumes of air are present on start-up and where condensing rates can vary widely. F&T traps are ideal for service in health care institutions, apartments, educational facilities, offices and other public areas as well as in business and industry. The FT69-3-15X is available in 3/4” pipe size. Float and Thermostatic steam traps are designed for ease of installation and simplified, minimal maintenance
Install F&T traps in steam applications such as Instantaneous Heaters, Steam Humidifiers, Steam-Jacketed Vessels, Unit Heaters, Sterilizers and other similar equipment. Pictured on the next page are diagrams of typical installations.
F&T traps operate in response to rising and falling condensate levels and rising and falling temperatures near the thermostatic vent, as follows:
• Condensate initially fills the trap body to a predetermined level, which is sufficient to seal the valve seat opening.
• As the condensate level continues to rise, the float will rise causing the valve to pull away from the seat.
• Condensate will then be discharged into the return line through the trap outlet. The rise and fall of condensate level causes a continuous discharge which is typical of F&T traps.
• Air entering the trap is discharged through the thermostatic vent. The opening and closing of the vent is dependent upon the temperature surrounding the thermostatic element.
• As the element cools with more air accumulating, it opens to allow the air to vent to the atmosphere.