Morningstar EMC-1 Ethernet MeterBus Converter
Introducing the Ethernet MeterBus Converter from Morningstar, which provides IP-Based MODBUS Connectivity for remote monitoring, custom programming, and cloud-hosted data service. Also functions as a gateway to Envision, a cloud-based site manager.
The EMC-1 MeterBus Converter connects any Morningstar product equipped with a MeterBus port (RJ-11) to the internet and an IP-based network.
Compatible products include:
- PWM controllers: TriStar, ProStar (Gen 3), and SunSaver Duo
- MPPT controllers: TriStar MPPT, ProStar MPPT, and SunSaver MPPT
- Inverters: SureSine
By connecting the EMC-1 to a MeterBus port and the DC input (12, 24, or 48V systems) of any compatible Morningstar products, a fully enabled Ethernet port allows for data transfer to the internet. Once connected, the specially designed MeterBus port transmits serial data to the EMC-1, which enables remote monitoring, configuration, and control from any type of IP-based network connection. This allows for many powerful integration options for the Morningstar family of products, which can now be activated and used in remote power systems.
Morningstar EMC-1 Ethernet MeterBus Converter Features
- Powered via MeterBus port on Morningstar controller, PoE or DC Input for 12, 24, or 48 V Systems
- Adds IP based MODBUS connectivity for remote communication and control
- LiveView displays system status and logged data directly from the EMC-1 in an easy to view web page
- Connects to any MeterBus enabled controller to provide enhanced data and network features
Morningstar EMC-1 Specifications
- Dimensions: 6.04″ x 3.37″ x 1.2″
- Weight: 0.28 LBS
- DC Input Supply Voltage Range: 8 – 80 VDC
- Maximum Self-Consumption: 2 Watts
- Operating Temperature Range: -40° F to 140° F
- Storage Temperature Range: -67° F to 176° F
- Humidity: 100% Non-Condensing
Data & Communications
- COM Protocols
- Ethernet Speed
- Communication Ports
- MeterBus (RJ-11)
- Ethernet (RJ-45)
- MODBUS Serial
- MODBUS TCP/IP
There are no reviews yet.