Morningstar RD-1 Relay Driver
The Relay Driver from Morningstar provides high level system control functions such as high/low voltage alarms, load control, and generator start. This product controls four independent relay driver outputs by reading digital data inputs from Morningstar’s TriStar controller or by reading battery voltage when used in systems with other controllers.
- Temperature controlled settings for battery fans or cooling vents
- Auxiliary AC back up charge control
- Generator star functions
- Load control including high power applications (pumps and large motors)
- High and low alarm contacts for industrial applications
Morningstar RD-1 Relay Driver Key Features and Benefits
- High Reliability: Each channel has complete electronic protections resulting in high reliability
- Flexibility: The exact relay necessary for each application may be chosen, including a wide range of current ratings and solid state, mechanical or mercury displacement replays
- Cost Effective: Four channels provide up to four high level system control functions at a lower cost compared to other alarm and generator start packages
- Fully Programmable: Data is stored in non-volatile memory. The Relay Driver is pre-programmed with four commonly used settings.
- Industrial Design: Each relay driver output may be controlled directly by MODBUS commands via the RS-232 for use with PLC’s and other industrial hardware. Mounts to a DIN rail or a flat surface.
- Advanced Generator Control: Provides flexible parameters to control up to three-wire generator schemes and complete control of preheat, crank, ignition, and cool-down.
- LED Indicators: Displays power and status of each channel as well as faults and data sampling intervals.
Data Control Input Options
- Used in systems with other controllers:
- Battery voltage, Relay Drive temperature, input voltages from other sources
- Connected to a TriStar Controller:
- Battery voltage, charge/load current, battery temperature, TriStar heatsink temperature, PWM duty cycle, PV/load voltage, and all TriStar alarms or faults.
- System Voltage: 12 to 48 Volts
- Max. Channel Current: 750 mA
- Min. Operating Voltage: 8 Volts
- Max. Operating Voltage: 68 Volts
- Self-consumption: <20 mA
- Temperature Sensor Range: -40F to 185F
- Transient Surge Protection: 1500 W / channel
- Comm. Ports (opto-isolated):
- (2) RJ-11 meter bus connections
- (1) 9-pin serial RS-232
- Lightning and Transient Surge Protection
- Overcurrent Protection
- Reverse Polarity Protection
- Short-Circuit Protection
- Operating Temperature: -40°F to 113°F
- Storage Temperature: -67°F to 185°F
- Humidity: 100% Non-condensing
- Tropicalization: Conformal coating on both sides of printed circuit board
- Dimensions: 6.4″ x 3.2″ x 1.3″
- Weight: 0.4 LBS
- Largest Wire: 16 – 24 AWG
- Torque Terminals: 3.5 in-lb
- Enclosure: Type 1, indoor rated
- DIN Rail Attachment: 35 mm standard
There are no reviews yet.