Morningstar UMC-1 USB Meterbus Adapter
The USB MeterBus Adapter from Morningstar allows communication between a Windows computer and Morningstar charge controllers or inverters that have a MeterBus connection, but no serial or other communications port. This includes the ProStar MPPT, Sunsaver MPPT, ProStar, SunSaver DUO, and SureSine products.
The UMC-1 is required for programming custom charging set-points and logging data using Morningstar’s MSView PC software. The Morningstar UMC-1 USB Meterbus Adapter is also required for communication with any 3rd party hardware that supports MODBUS communication.
The UMC-1 can be used for:
- Uploading new firmware
- Communication with any 3rd party hardware that supports MODBUS communication
- Programming custom charging set-points
- Downloading, viewing, and logging data using Morningstar’s MSView PC software
IMPORTANT: No software driver is included. Driver can be automatically downloaded and installed once connected to a computer with internet connection OR download the latest USB driver from the manufacturer’s website: www.morningstarcorp.com/support
- OFF: No connection to controller
- GREEN: Connection OK
- ORANGE: Communication activity
- 4-conductor or 6-conductor telephone cord is acceptable
- The UMC-1 is fully opto-isolated. USB electrical ground is NOT the same ground as RJ-11 / controller.
The UMC-1 comes with:
- USB B to USB A cable (3 ft)
- RJ-11 telephone cable (3 ft)
- UMC-1 USB Adapter
CE, RoHS Compliant