The Wyckomar UV-1500 Ultra Violet Water Sterilizer 44 gpm 110vAC that offers very efficient treatment at a low cost per unit volume. The model UV-1500 sterilizer contains a low-pressure, high output UV lamp in a 304L stainless steel reaction chamber (316L available). It comes with an electronic ballast that features a lamp-out alarm if there is no power to the lamp. Combined with appropriate pre-filtration, this UV sterilizer is the centre piece of a complete water treatment system for the elimination of bacteria and viruses and reduction of taste and odour at the point of entry (see SYS1500/QS4E-1/2). Additional features are available, such as a UV-monitoring system for fail-safe operation, a thermo-sensitive purge valve at the out port to prevent overheating under no flow conditions, and volt-free contacts or 4-20 mA output on the ballast for remote signaling. Typically installed at the point of entry, it can treat municipal water as well as ground water from drilled or dug wells, or surface water from lakes, ponds or rivers (pre-filtration necessary). This sterilizer is perfectly sized to provide drinking water or purified process water for large houses and mansions, as well as for commercial and light industrial applications.
The UV-1500 kills most harmful microbiological contaminants, such as viruses, bacteria and protozoa with a powerful UV disinfection dose that will inactivate the pathogens at a kill rate of 99.99% (log 4) or more (Giardia, E. coli, Cryptosporidium, Vibrio cholerae, Legionella, Salmonella, Shigella, Streptococcus and many others).
- Part Number: P1500/QS4E-1
- Flow Rate: 68 – 168 LPM (17.9 – 44.3 GPM)
- Ports: 1.0″ MNPT in/out
- Chamber Material: 304L Stainless Steel (316L SS optional)
- UV Dose: 16 mJ/cm2 (16,000 uWsec/cm2) @ 168 LPM / 44.3 GPM
- UV Dose: 30 mJ/cm2 (30,000 uWsec/cm2) @ 92 LPM / 24.7 GPM
- UV Dose: 40 mJ/cm2 (40,000 uWsec/cm2) @ 68 LPM / 17.9 GPM
- Power: 110 Volt AC / 50 – 60 Hz
- Ballast: Electronic Ballast w/ Lamp Out Alarm, Power LED, Running Days Countdown on LCD Display (Resettable) Model RH51-800-95L (Wyckomar Part # 4-BE-800-ECO)
- Lamp Current: 0.75 A – 0.85 A / U-Out: 300 V / PF(A): > 0.99% / THD: < 10%
- Number of Lamps: 1 at 110 Watts, 800 mA (Part # RL-110/1197T5) Low-Pressure UV
- UV Monitor: Optional (Part # 4-UV/MS-1 V3)
- Min/Max. Operating Temperature: Tmin. = 3 °C (37 °F), Tmax. = 40 °C (104 °F)
- Max. Operating Pressure: 125 psi – 8.6 bar
- Plumbing: 1” MNPT In/Out Chamber
- Material: 304L Stainless Steel (316L SS optional)
- Shipping Size and Weight: 1 box 52″ x 9″ x 9″ inches, 17 lbs / 7.8 kg
This UV sterilizer assumes certain water quality parameters to be met for proper operation. If the source water does not meet the following criteria, pretreatment has to be considered:
- Turbidity (Suspended Solids): Must be < 1 NTU at the time of disinfection. There must be a 5 micron or less sediment pre-filtration system installed before the UV system.
- Total Hardness (Sum of Calcium and Magnesium): Must be < 10 gpg (grains per gallon) Iron: Must be < 0.3 ppm (parts per million).
- Manganese: Must be < 0.05 ppm
- This UV unit is available as complete system with appropriate pre-filtration (Part # SYS1500/QS4E-1) and can be customized for many applications with pre-filtration into an All-in-One rack mounted system.