The MorningStar SunSaver SS-MPPT-15L solar controller features TrakStar Technology, and is an advanced maximum power point tracking (MPPT) battery charger for off-grid photovoltaic (PV) systems. It features an intelligent tracking algorithm that maximizes the energy harvest from the PV while also providing load control to prevent over discharge of the battery. The MorningStar SunSaver SS-MPPT-15L Solar Controller suits both professional and consumer PV applications including automatic lighting control. The charging process has been optimized for improved system performance and longer battery life. Features include epoxy encapsulation for environmental protection, four user adjustable settings, and an optional remote meter and battery temperature sensor (sold separately.)
MorningStar SunSaver SS-MPPT-15L Features:
- Maximized Energy Harvest.
- TrakStar Technology ensures:
- Peak efficiency of over 97%
- Almost no power losses
- Excellent performance at low solar insolation levels
- Recognition of multiple power peaks during shading or mixed PV arrays
- TrakStar Technology ensures:
- Extensive Electronic Protections. Fully protected against most system errors and faults.
- Load Control. Auto-disconnects loads when the battery has been discharged to a low state of charge.
- Longer Battery Life. Efficient MPPT tracking and 4-stage charging increases battery life.
- Lower System Cost. Less expensive than other MPPT controllers. Allows system costs to be reduced by down-sizing the PV array, using on-grid or thin film modules, and decreasing cable sizes.
- Personal Computer Connectivity.
- PC MeterBus Adapter for RS-232 (sold separately)
- USB MeterBus Adapter for laptop compatibility (sold separately)
- Advanced automatic custom programmable lighting control with connection to PC
- 30 days of internal data logging of key PV system operating parameters
- Fully adjustable user selection via on-board preset switches or customized with PC connection
- Extensive controller and system data is provided by the status LEDs and optional meter (sold separately). Monitoring is also available with a personal computer.
- Use of High Voltage Modules. Enables the use of high voltage and thin film modules for off-grid battery charging.
- Higher Voltage PV Arrays. Provides a higher voltage PV array to charge either a 12V or 24 V battery.
- High Reliability. A conservative thermal design, efficient electronics, and tropicalization result in high reliability and long life.
- Smaller Size. Smaller model than other MPPT controllers, making it easier to install in equipment enclosures.
MorningStar SunSaver SS-MPPT-15L Specifications:
- Peak Efficiency: 97.5%
- Nominal Battery Voltage: 12 or 24 Volts
- Maximum Battery Charging Current: 15 Amps
- Battery Voltage Range: 7 – 36 Volts
- Nominal Maximum Operating Power
- 12 Volt Battery: 200 Watts
- 24 Volt Battery: 400 Watts
- Maximum PV Open Circuit Voltage: 60 Volts
- Rated Load Current: 15 Amps
- Self Consumption: 35 milliamps
- Transient Surge Protection: 4 x 1500 Watts
- Operating Temperature: -40° F to +140° F
- Storage Temperature: -67° F to 212° F
- Humidity: 100% non-condensing
- Tropicalization: Epoxy encapsulation, conformal coating, marine rated terminals
- Reverse Polarity: Battery, PV, and Load
- High Temperature
- Lightning and Transient Surges
- Reverse Current at Night
- PV: Overload, Short Circuit, High Voltage
- Load: Overload, Short Circuit
- CE Compliant
- UL 1741 / CSA 107.1-01 recognized component
- Manufactured in a certified ISO 9001 Facility
- RoHS Compliant
- Remote Meter (RM-1)
- USB MeterBus Adapter (UMC-1)
- DIN Rail Mounting Clips (DIN-1)
- PC MeterBus Adapter for RS-232 (MSC)
- Remote Temperature Sensor (RTS)
- Dimensions: 6.6″ x 2.5″ x 2.9″
- Weight: 1.3 LBS
- Power Terminal: #6 AWG
- Enclosure: Die cast aluminum with plastic cover