The Wyckomar UV-1200 Ultra Violet Water Sterilizer 33 gpm 240vAC is a robust, high quality ultraviolet sterilizer designed for the disinfection of drinking water in the larger house where there is a 1” line, at a flow range between 13.2 and 33 GPM (50 – 125 LPM). Typically installed at the point of entry, it can treat municipal water as well as ground water from drilled or dug wells, and surface water from lakes, ponds or rivers. Other applications for this sterilizer are for the purification of drinking and process water in small commercial applications.
This UV sterilizer contains a low-pressure, high output UV lamp in a 304L stainless steel reaction chamber (also available in 316L). It comes with an electronic ballast that features a lamp-out alarm if there is no power to the lamp. Combined with a Wyckomar filter set, this sterilizer is the center piece of a complete water treatment system for the elimination of bacteria and viruses and reduction of taste and odor at the point of entry (see part # SYS1200-QD4E-1/2). Additional features for this sterilizer can be ordered, such as a thermo-sensitive purge valve at the out port to prevent overheating in no-flow conditions, or volt-free contacts on the ballast for remote signaling.
The UV-1200 kills most harmful microbiological contaminants, such as viruses, bacteria and protozoa with a powerful UV disinfection dose that will inactivate the pathogens at a kill rate of 99.99% (log 4) or more (Giardia, E. coli, Cryptosporidium, Vibrio cholerae, Legionella, Salmonella, Shigella, Streptococcus and many others).
- Part Number: P1200/QD4E-2
- Flow Rate: 50 – 125 LPM (13.2 – 33 GPM)
- Ports: 1.0″ NPT in/out
- Chamber Material: 304L Stainless Steel (316L SS optional)
- UV Dose: 16 mJ/cm2 (16,000 uWsec/cm2) @ 125 LPM / 33 GPM
- UV Dose: 30 mJ/cm2 (30,000 uWsec/cm2) @ 68 LPM / 18 GPM
- UV Dose: 40 mJ/cm2 (40,000 uWsec/cm2) @ 50 LPM / 13.2 GPM
- Power: 240 Volt AC / 50 – 60 Hz
- Ballast: Electronic Ballast w/ Lamp Out Alarm, Power LED, Count of Total Running Days on LCD Display (Resettable) Model RH51-800-95L (Wyckomar Part # 4-BE-800-ECO)
- Lamp Current: 0.75 A – 0.85 A / U-Out: 300 V / PF(A): > 0.99% / THD: < 10%
- Number of Lamps: 1 at 84 Watts, 800 mA (Part # RL-84/893T5) Low-Pressure UV
- UV Monitor: Optional (Part # 4-UV/MS-2 V3)
- Min/Max. Operating Temperature: Tmin. = 3 °C (37 °F), Tmax. = 40 °C (104 °F)
- Max. Operating Pressure: 125 psi – 8.6 bar
- Plumbing: 1” MNPT In/Out Chamber
- Material: 304L Stainless Steel (316L SS optional)
- Shipping Size and Weight: 1 box 45x7x7 inches, 12 lbs / 5.5
This UV sterilizer assumes certain water quality parameters to be met for proper operation. If the source water does not meet the following criteria, pretreatment has to be considered:
- Turbidity (Suspended Solids): Must be < 1 NTU at the time of disinfection. There must be a 5 micron or less sediment pre-filtration system installed before the UV system.
- Total Hardness (Sum of Calcium and Magnesium): Must be < 10 gpg (grains per gallon) Iron: Must be < 0.3 ppm (parts per million).
- Manganese: Must be < 0.05 ppm This UV unit is available as complete system with appropriate pre-filtration (Part # SYS1200/QD4E-2) or as pre-assembled All-in-One System for ‘plug-and-play’ installation (Part # SYS-MD1004-1/2).